An incumbent in this role will establish, administer and implement policies and procedures in all aspects of energy management. This candidate will oversee energy efficiency including understanding overages, contract relations and ensuring consistent pricing across the company. They will also be responsible for contract relations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Midwest Property Management.
• Introduce energy saving programs/initiatives that can be measured for real cost savings and return on investment
• Monitor and track Energy consumption (Gas, Power, Water) Looking for implementations on energy saving initiatives. Actively manage our energy expense and provide recommendations on areas of savings.
• Evaluate all projects against safety or return on investment baselines
• Liaise with contractors and consultants in coming up with a sustainable energy consumption program.
• Negotiate and work with energy suppliers to lock us in to the best pricing available. Advise executive on options and cost benefit analysis.
• Assist the Area Managers and Senior Maintenance Managers with the inspection of Ensure properties are in compliance with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulations regarding energy use.
• Develop a consistent pricing strategy for expenses of supplies, hired services, repair & maintenance, professional services, contract services and vendor suppliers.
• Develop and maintain accurate records of service needs, costs, and make proactive recommendations for resolving issues.
• Develop and maintain trades and supplier contact lists.
• Partner with the Property Managers and Senior Maintenance Managers with project management of special projects assigned.
• Responsible for the preparation and setting of specifications and tendering process for various annual tenders.
• Other projects as assigned.
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• Thorough knowledge of the variety of building maintenance trades as they relate to residential/and or commercial properties.
• Thorough knowledge of health, safety and security standards for public buildings such as fire regulations.
• Exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgment; self-starters with a good work ethic.
• Ability to take the initiative and to plan; build or participate in a team environment.
• Strong customer service orientation – able to build and maintain effective relationships with residents, vendors, site staff, contractors and other key contacts.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment to prospect and develop new business.
• Proven coordination and able to multi-task conflicting priorities.
• Ability to supervise others engaged in similar work.
• Willing to travel outside of Edmonton and stay as required to ensure effective management of out-of-town sites.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Energy & Special Projects Coordinator. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.