COVID-19 Announcement Update (May 29, 2020)
For any resident that is experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact your Community Site Manager or Office to discuss payment options that are available. Thank you for choosing to be a part of Midwest Property Management where communities live.
Financial Support Available to Canadians (Income Support)
Please refer to the resources below to learn about the support available to all Canadians. Income Support is available to Canadians for help with utility, rental and other payments.
Starting April 6th – Apply For Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) through CRA MyAccount or My Service Canada Account. Please be sure to follow the application dates outlined by the Canadian Government.
If you were born:
- in January, February or March please apply on Mondays starting April 6th
- in April, May or June please apply on Tuesdays starting on April 7th
- in July, August or September please apply on Wednesdays starting on April 8th
- in October, November or December please apply on Thursdays starting on April 9th
If you miss your day of the week listed (based on your birth month), please apply on either Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
At this time we feel that it is necessary to limit access to all of our residential suites for the health and safety of our residents and our team members. Therefore, we have made the decision to no longer perform non-emergency maintenance requests.
If your service request is an emergency, please inform our maintenance team prior to our team member arriving at your home that you are feeling unwell. You can do this by stating so when you submit the service request, by calling your community rental office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To Residents in Self-Isolation
To align with new federal rules under the Quarantine Act, anyone under mandatory self-isolation is now required to remain inside, for the duration of their self-isolation.
- You can no longer go for walks in your neighborhoods or through parks until your self-isolation period ends.
- People who live in apartment buildings or highrises must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside.
This applies to everyone in mandatory self-isolation – those who are feeling well and those who have symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, fever, shortness of breath or a runny nose.
It is important that we remember social distancing when we perform simple tasks that we do every day. We would like to remind all residents of some simple elevator etiquette during this time.
- Avoid Overcrowding – Limit the number of people in an elevator to 2 or 3 individuals at one time. Consider taking the stairs if you are able or wait for the next elevator.
- Avoid Touching Your Face – Although we have increased the frequency in which we clean commonly touched surfaces please be sure to avoid touching your face after pushing elevator buttons.
- Wash Your Hands – Please remember to wash your hands with soap or sanitize your hands after leaving the elevator or touching any commonly touched surface.
- Cover Your Cough – It is always important to cover your cough or sneeze but please remember to do this while in an elevator. It is especially important when you are surrounded by others.
Following these simple elevator guidelines will help to keep our communities safe.
Our Common Area Cleaning Practices
In order to ensure the safety of our residents, we have committed to the below cleaning practices:
- Every 20-30 minutes our team is cleaning/disinfecting all elevator and intercom buttons, door handles and glass
- Every 60-90 minutes our our team is cleaning/disinfecting all stairwell handrails
- At least twice per day, your shared Laundry rooms are cleaned and disinfected by our team
To complete this cleaning, we are using single use disposable cloths or towels with disinfectant in spray bottles or buckets on all surfaces. These additional cleaning measures are being completed in addition to our standard cleaning practices.
Midwest Property Management Reduced Rental Office Hours & Rental Payment Options
The health and safety of our residents and staff is of the highest priority. As such, we have made the decision to reduce our rental office hours at our communities to ensure we are limiting potential exposures. This decision was made following the recommendation of social distancing and remote working by the health authorities. In keeping with the recommendation of social distancing, we encourage you to sign up for automatic withdrawals. This will reduce the risk caused by gatherings at the rental office. Please contact your rental office for additional details and to sign up today.
The following precautionary measures are in place for office visits for service:
- We can set up automatic withdrawal with our EFT program.
- Pay rent early, office hours are posted
- Use the drop box for checks or money orders.
- Email or call the office with questions or concerns instead of in-person contact where possible
If you do need to enter our rental offices, please do not be offended if our team member does not shake your hand. Please respect social distancing and do not crowd the rental office if others are already communicating with our team members.
Thank you in advance for your patience and support during this time.
To Residents Returning From Travel
Federal and provincial public health authorities have recommended that all travellers from outside of Canada self-isolate for 14 days. These efforts will contribute to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Although, to our knowledge, no-one in our Midwest Community has been affected, your safety, health, and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we will continue to provide information to our residents on this webpage.
Upon return to Canada:
Self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada.
Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days:
- Continue to isolate yourself from others
Immediately call a health care professional or public health authority and:
- describe your symptoms and travel history
- follow their instructions carefully
Source: Government of Canada– Public Health Services
Midwest Property Management Closure of Amenities & Complimentary Services
As we have said over the course of this time, the health & safety of our residents is our highest priority. As such, we have made the decision that we will be closing our fitness facilities and some of our complimentary services at this time. This decision was made following the recommendations of social distancing by health authorities that have resulted in the closure of public fitness facilities and schools within a number of municipalities. Effectively immediately, the following amenities and complimentary services (if available within your community) will be closed until further notice:
- Fitness Facilities
- Pools, Hot Tubs & Saunas
- Games Rooms & Resident Lounges
- Theater Rooms
- Yoga Classes
- Fruit Programs, Coffee & Tea Stations
In addition to the closure of community amenities and fitness facilities, we will also now be adjusting our Rental Office Hours. Please refer to notices posted at your rental office and at the top of this page for more information about when your community rental office will be open.
Midwest Property Management Resident Advisory COVID-19
We understand the growing concern surrounding corona virus (COVID-19) and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. Although no-one in our Midwest Community has been affected, your safety, health, and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. We believe it is important to understand any precautions that may be taken and refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other public health agencies to determine any actions required.
We want to assure all residents that we are doing all that we can to reduce the risk of any diseases including COVID-19. We are committed to doing our part to keep you healthy and will continue to communicate any changes in service to you as quickly as possible.
We will post notices in all our buildings to communicate key messages to you, and you can follow us on social media on our Facebook page at Rent Midwest, or on Twitter @Rentmidwest. Additional information will be posted on this webpage as well.
In addition to our existing cleaning, disinfecting, and maintenance policies, we are taking additional steps to keep our residents safe. Read More.