Since the onset of COVID-19, we have implemented a number of policies to ensure the safety of our residents, our communities and our team members. These policies are reviewed and updated as the recommendations and guidelines established by government and health authorities evolve. To date, we are proud to say that our policies continue to meet and exceed the guidelines outlined by these organizations. To ensure the safety, health and well-being of our residents and team members, we have committed to:
Enhanced Cleaning Practices of our Common Areas
In order to ensure the safety of our residents, we commit to enhanced cleaning practices. This includes frequent cleaning of high-touch point areas, such as:
- Elevator and intercom buttons, door handles and glass
- Stairwell Handrails
- Shared Laundry Rooms
- Amenity Areas
Where possible and when safe to do so, opening Community Gyms, Yoga Rooms and Pools.
Through our enhanced cleaning measures, we have been able to open t gyms, yoga rooms and pools within our communities for residents to enjoy.
Ensuring a Safe Rental Office Experience
Wearing a mask is is strongly encouraged in all public spaces. Public spaces include rental common areas such as lobbies, hallways, elevators, laundry rooms, resident lounges, fitness facilities (while not engaged in physical activity), and your community leasing office. Please ensure you follow health mandates within your city.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate walk-in viewings at any of our Yellowknife Apartment communities. If you wish to see one of our apartment suites in Yellowknife, please schedule an appointment.
Current Resident Information
In Alberta, fitness facilities & other amenities are open to all residents! Theatre and game rooms will remain closed.
In British Columbia, our Fitness Centre is open for those who are fully vaccinated with 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. These restrictions are in place per the British Columbia Public Health Act.
In Yellowknife, there is a maximum of 1 person, unless from the same household, allowed in our fitness facility at any one time. Please follow all masking and social distancing requirements.
Maintenance & Service Requests
We are committed to providing safe maintenance service for all residents. At this time, we will only be performing emergency maintenance requests. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If it is an emergency maintenance request and you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, are feeling unwell, or have been instructed to quarantine, please inform our maintenance team of this prior to our team member arriving in your home.
Contact Your Community Rental Office
Although we would love to hear from you, it is simply not best practice to communicate in-person right now. When possible, we ask that all residents please email or call the rental office with questions or concerns to limit in-person contact if possible. Please abide by all maximum capacity signs within your communities and we encourage the use of a mask or face covering when you are in the community leasing office and other common areas. Please ensure you follow health mandates within your city. For a full list of community phone numbers please visit: https://rentmidwest.com/current-residents/
Rental Payment Options
In keeping with the recommendation of social distancing, we encourage all residents to make their rental payments through post-dated cheque or through our online rent payment platform Letus. This will reduce the risk caused by gatherings at the rental office. Please contact your rental office for additional details and to sign up today.
Below are some Rental Payment Recommendations:
- If you wish, we would be happy to help sign you up for Letus.
- We recommend paying rent as early as possible during the posted office hours.
- Please utilize available drop boxes for cheque or money order payments.
- Email or call the office with questions or concerns instead of in-person contact where possible.
If you do need to enter our rental offices, please do not be offended if our team member does not shake your hand. Please respect social distancing and do not crowd the rental office if others are already communicating with our team members.
Thank you in advance for your patience and support during this time.
You Are Encouraged to Wear a Mask in All Common Areas in Jurisdictions Where it is not Manadated
In order to keep our communities safe, we encourage residents to wear a mask in any common area within our communities. Common Areas include lobbies, hallways, elevators, laundry rooms, resident lounges, the leasing office and fitness facilities (when open). Thank you for doing your part to ensure the health and safety of all community members.
To Residents in Self-Isolation
To align with federal rules under the Quarantine Act, anyone under mandatory self-isolation is required to remain inside for the duration of their self-isolation.
- You can no longer go for walks in your neighborhoods or through parks until your self-isolation period ends.
- People who live in apartment buildings or highrises must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside.
This applies to everyone in mandatory self-isolation – those who are feeling well and those who have symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, fever, shortness of breath or a runny nose.
It is important that we remember social distancing when we perform simple tasks that we do every day. We would like to remind all residents of some elevator etiquette during this time.
- Avoid Overcrowding – Limit the number of people in an elevator to 2 individuals at one time. Consider taking the stairs if you are able or wait for the next elevator.
- Avoid Touching Your Face – Although we have increased the frequency in which we clean commonly touched surfaces please be sure to avoid touching your face after pushing elevator buttons.
- Wash Your Hands – Please remember to wash your hands with soap or sanitize your hands after leaving the elevator or touching any commonly touched surface.
- Cover Your Cough – It is always important to cover your cough or sneeze but please remember to do this while in an elevator. It is especially important when you are surrounded by others.
Following these simple elevator guidelines will help to keep our communities safe.
To Residents Returning From Travel
Federal and provincial public health authorities require that all travelers from outside of Canada follow strict guidelines. These guidelines depend on your level of vaccination.
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to Canada, you must:
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a full series of a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 full days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1, then Friday July 16 would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test result)
Source: Government of Canada– Public Health Services
Financial Support Available to Canadians (Income Support)
For any resident that is experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact your Community Site Manager or Office to discuss payment options that are available. Thank you for choosing to be a part of Midwest Property Management, where communities live.
Please refer to the resources below to learn about the support available to all Canadians. Income Support is available to Canadians for help with utility, rental and other payments.