Since the onset of COVID-19, we have implemented a number of policies to ensure the safety of our residents, our communities and our team members. These policies and cleaning procedures are reviewed and updated as the recommendations and guidelines established by government and health authorities evolve. To date, we are proud to say that our policies continue to meet and exceed the guidelines outlined by these organizations. To ensure the safety, health and well-being of our residents and team members, we have committed to:
Increased Cleaning of our Common Areas
In order to ensure the safety of our residents, we have committed to the below cleaning practices:
- Every 20-30 minutes our team is cleaning/disinfecting all elevator and intercom buttons, door handles and glass
- Every 60-90 minutes our team is cleaning/disinfecting all stairwell handrails
- At least twice per day, your shared Laundry rooms are cleaned and disinfected by our team
To complete this cleaning, we are using single use disposable cloths or towels with disinfectant in spray bottles or buckets on all surfaces. These additional cleaning measures are being completed in addition to our standard cleaning practices.
Where possible and when safe to do so, Opening Select Community Gyms, Yoga Rooms and Pools.
Through our enhanced cleaning measures, we have been able to open select gyms, yoga rooms and pools within our communities for residents to enjoy. These will remain open as long as it is safe to do so while following health authority guidelines.
Ensuring a Safe Rental Office Experience
Our team will always wear a face mask or stay behind protective barriers when communicating with you in the leasing office whether you are a resident or someone looking to join our community. We ask that you do the same. Please be respectful and follow bylaws for mandatory face coverings! When attending your viewing, signing a lease or renewal, paying your rent, or stopping by the office for any other reason, please wear an appropriate face covering to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that viewings will now be by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Current Resident Information
Per AHS COVID-19 Restrictions All Gyms, Yoga Rooms, and Pools are Now Closed Until Further Notice.
We will work to once again open these amenities when it is safe to do so per AHS regulations. Until then, all recreational amenities will remain closed.
Maintenance & Service Requests
Until further notice, we will only be performing emergency maintenance requests which include maintenance requests related to flooding, heating and security issues. All other maintenance requests will be delayed until it is safe to do so as per public health authority guidelines. If your maintenance request is an emergency, you must wear a mask and if possible be in a separate room from the Midwest Property Management Team Member who is completing your maintenance request. Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to any maintenance request being completed within your suite.
Reduced Rental Office Hours
Although we would love to hear from you, it is simply not a best practice to communicate in-person right now. When possible, we ask that all residents please email or call the rental office with questions or concerns to limit in-person contact if possible. Please abide by all maximum capacity signs within your communities and wear a mask when possible. For a full list of community office hours and for your community office phone number please visit:
Rental Payment Options
In keeping with the recommendation of social distancing, we encourage all residents to sign up for automatic withdrawals or to utilize RentTrack (available in select communities). This will reduce the risk caused by gatherings at the rental office. Please contact your rental office for additional details and to sign up today.
Below are some Rental Payment Recommendations:
- If you wish, we would be happy to set up automatic withdrawal for you through either our EFT program or RentTrack. Whichever is available in your community.
- We recommend paying rent as early as possible during the posted office hours.
- Please utilize available drop boxes for cheque or money order payments.
- Email or call the office with questions or concerns instead of in-person contact where possible.
If you do need to enter our rental offices, please do not be offended if our team member does not shake your hand. Please respect social distancing and do not crowd the rental office if others are already communicating with our team members.
Thank you in advance for your patience and support during this time.
Please Wear a Mask in Common Areas
In order to keep our communities safe, we ask that all residents please wear a mask in any common area within our communities. Thank you for doing your part to ensure the health and safety of all community members.
To Residents in Self-Isolation
To align with new federal rules under the Quarantine Act, anyone under mandatory self-isolation is now required to remain inside, for the duration of their self-isolation.
- You can no longer go for walks in your neighborhoods or through parks until your self-isolation period ends.
- People who live in apartment buildings or highrises must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside.
This applies to everyone in mandatory self-isolation – those who are feeling well and those who have symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, fever, shortness of breath or a runny nose.
It is important that we remember social distancing when we perform simple tasks that we do every day. We would like to remind all residents of some simple elevator etiquette during this time.
- Avoid Overcrowding – Limit the number of people in an elevator to 2 or 3 individuals at one time. Consider taking the stairs if you are able or wait for the next elevator.
- Avoid Touching Your Face – Although we have increased the frequency in which we clean commonly touched surfaces please be sure to avoid touching your face after pushing elevator buttons.
- Wash Your Hands – Please remember to wash your hands with soap or sanitize your hands after leaving the elevator or touching any commonly touched surface.
- Cover Your Cough – It is always important to cover your cough or sneeze but please remember to do this while in an elevator. It is especially important when you are surrounded by others.
Following these simple elevator guidelines will help to keep our communities safe.
To Residents Returning From Travel
Federal and provincial public health authorities have recommended that all travellers from outside of Canada self-isolate for 14 days. These efforts will contribute to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Although, to our knowledge, no-one in our Midwest Community has been affected, your safety, health, and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we will continue to provide information to our residents on this webpage.
Upon return to Canada:
Self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada.
Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days:
- Continue to isolate yourself from others
Immediately call a health care professional or public health authority and:
- describe your symptoms and travel history
- follow their instructions carefully
Source: Government of Canada– Public Health Services
Financial Support Available to Canadians (Income Support)
For any resident that is experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact your Community Site Manager or Office to discuss payment options that are available. Thank you for choosing to be a part of Midwest Property Management where communities live.
Please refer to the resources below to learn about the support available to all Canadians. Income Support is available to Canadians for help with utility, rental and other payments.
The Canadian Emegency Response Benefit (CERB) has ended and is no longer available for Canadians. This program has been replaced by the EI Sickness Benefit. However, the CRA is continuing to accept and process retroactive applications until December 2, 2020. Learn more at Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)